Contributors

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Popos and Hohos


Yesterday I was walking to lunch (Chipotle, obv!) while on the phone with my mom when I witnessed a car crash (don't worry, no one was hurt). I stood around to give a witness statement to police and made small talk with another witness as well as the two drivers while we waited for the popo. Both drivers were very nice to me but were demons to each other!


The guy started yelling at the girl things like, "you're a junkie! look at you! you shouldn't even be driving!" Nice one, guy. He proceeded to make fun of her outfit which was kind of a valid argument. It was not pretty. 


The girl's friend showed up to wait with her. She arrived wearing Kermit slippers. Way to be an adult. (Actually I'm secretly jealous of the awesomeness of those slippers. I just wouldn't leave the house wearing them.)


The two refused to exchange insurance information until the police arrived. I don't know why, it really didn't make any sense. No one was injured, they technically never even had to call the police, but whatever.


So the popo finally shows up over an hour later and forces the two to exchange info. This is the time the "junkie" decides to admit she doesn't have her insurance card with her and therefore cannot provide proof of insurance. You know what that means? Fine and court date. Sucks for her seeing as she also caused the accident. That made me laugh hysterically. I know I shouldn't have laughed, but it was really funny. Karma is a bitch.


Girl also didn't call a tow truck until the policeman points out the ever so obvious that she can't drive her car because one of her wheels is inoperable. (I wonder how much longer she sat in the intersection...)


The other witness and I wait around a little longer (it's now been an hour and a half since the accident) and then popo FINALLY tells us he doesn't need any statements because he's not filing a report.


Great waste of an extra long lunch break. But my Chipotle was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment