Contributors

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sleeping not so Beaut(ifull)y

For as long as I can remember I've slept through entire flights. Most of the time I've passed out before take off and don't wake up until after having landed.

Also, apparently I don't sleep....normally. People have taken pictures of me hunched over, head in my hands. They later tell me they thought I was angry or crying. No, that's just how I sleep.

As I type this I'm high in the sky about 3 hours from my destination and I've just awoken from a nap. Now, the people around me do not know that I've actually be awake for almost 40 minutes, but kept my eyes closed until about 10 minutes ago. The steward came around to take drink orders and I heard him, because I was awake, but as far as they were concerned, I was unconscious.


I heard the steward ask the woman next to me if I was sleeping. She laughed. "um. Wow. I think?" to be fair, at this point I was not hunched over, but rather sitting up right with my mouth and nose burried in the arm hole opening on my sweatshirt. Yeah I know it looked ridiculous. But you know what's even worse? I woke up becauses this woman, who's got to be in at least her late 50s is watching "The Hangover" with her husband and she's snort-laughing uncontrollably.

Also, the guy to my right, across the isle, is very cute. He's also single because I heard him say that to someone. If you read this, boy, let me know. Because you should hit me up. Thanks.

I'm going to try and sleep again, in the most awkward pstition ever so that it make everyone around me uncomfortable.

**After I wrote this cute boy started talking to me. We exchanged numbers. I don't expect to hear from him again...

No comments:

Post a Comment