Contributors

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Best Films of 2012

Considering I work in the film industry, I see very few films in theaters. I also see very few films online. Conclusion? I don't see as many films as a should. That said, I'm giving you my list of 2012 faves.  The good news for you is that this list will be very short and if you haven't seen these, it won't take you forever to get through the list.


The Intouchables
Holy Moly.  This is one of the most fantastic films I've seen in recent years. The film is about a quadriplegic man who hires a young man from the wrong side of the tracks to be his caretaker.  While the subject matter seems quite depressing, it's actually very uplifting. There's no feeling sorry for either man, and both teach the other how to live life with excitement.  It's a French film - yes, there are subtitles.  But I guarantee that you won't even realize that you're reading while watching. It's THAT good.




Pitch Perfect
Yes, I'm seriously putting this on the must-watch list. Anna Kendrick? Amazing (Check out her first theatrical film, "Camp".) Brittany Snow? Impressive, as always (Look out for her next movie "Syrup", slated for theaters later this year.) Skylar Astin? Hottie. And a great actor. The three of them, plus Rebel Wilson, Ben Platt, and the rest of the ensemble make this musical rom-com brilliant. 

Fun fact: Ben Platt is the son of producer Marc Platt. Credits include "Wicked", "Legally Blonde" and "Drive".



Magic Mike
Don't watch the whole movie. The plot is flaky and boring. Watch the scenes with shirtless Channing, Matt Bomer (yes, I had to clarify), Alex, and Adam. You know you have a hot cast when Matthew McConaughey is the least attractive one. 

Seriously. 

So instead of watching 110 minutes, you'll get about 20 of the really good stuff. 





The Hunger Games
This isn't on the must-see list. You know why? Because everyone already saw it.










The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Don't see it. Unless you already did. Sorry you wasted your time.  This is a must NOT see. (Disclaimer: I didn't see it.)









Note: I saw many more films than I listed here. Just in case any future employer sees this. A lot of films I LOVED I didn't include because everyone else included them. And I dare to be different. DIFFERENT I SAY!




THE END

Written by
Me

Directed by
Your Mom

Produced by
Your Dad

Stay tuned for my "Must See in 2013"

THE END FOR REAL

No comments:

Post a Comment