Contributors

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Nails!

Hi, Readers! Happy almost Valentine's Day! Or Sad almost Valentine's Day...whichever you prefer, really. 

I wanted to paint my nails festively, seeing as they had been purple (Ravens!) for about the past month, and was looking for a cute demo. I found FleurdeForce's tutorial and decided to try it!


If you want to see how it's done, keep reading (or check out Fleur's video!)


You'll need a base coat and top coat, and two colors. Of course, you can use any colors you like (pink and black would be awesome!), but in keeping with the V-Day theme I chose two pinks. And a bobby pin.
Seche Vite Ridge Filling Base - $ 7.00
Essie's Fiji - $ 7.79
Nicole By OPI - Kardashian Kolor - All Kendall-ed Up - $ 7.99
Wet N Wild - Wild Shine - Clear Nail Protector - $ 1.50
Bobby Pin


After applying my Seche Vite Base, I applied two coats of Essie's Fiji, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second. 
I waited about 20 minutes to make sure everything was dry.

Then, I put a few drops of hot pink polish on a paper plate (using the applicator brush).  Using one end of the bobby pin, I dipped it into the polish and made two dots, side by side, on my nail. With the bobby pin, I brought the two dots together and pulled down. 

Hearts complete!



I waited another 20 minutes or so before applying a generous coat of top coat.




Send me pics if you try this! And send Fleur pics too!

Twitter
Me - @meliswein
Fleur - @fleurdeforce


No comments:

Post a Comment