Contributors

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Touched On An Airplane, Not By An Angel

If you've been reading my blog for some time, you know I sleep on airplanes a lot. And you know I sleep strangely.  Here's a new story.

About a month ago I was on a plane flying back to California after a vacation in Maryland. I fell asleep...SHOCKING. At some point, I felt something weird on my right leg.  It was really really wet. I thought maybe I was dreaming.  Dreaming that I had peed myself, or fallen sideways into a pool, so I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep.

Then, I felt something again. "Oh my gosh, I'm ACTUALLY peeing myself," I thought.  I opened my eyes only to see the man next to me trying to clean up his apple juice, which he had spilled all over his left side, and my right side. He was patting down the side of my upper right leg, with one of those plane napkins. You know, the "napkin" that has no function, because it doesn't absorb anything. It's thin and un-napkin-y. 

The good news is that I didn't pee myself (that's always something to celebrate!).  The bad news is that I had apple juice on my leg. 

But because I was really really tired, I barely acknowledged the apple juice or the man who spilled it.  My eyes opened barely enough to see what was going on. I think the man apologized but I really have no idea. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

When we finally landed I realized I had been sitting with apple juice seeping into me for about 3 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment